GM for Job Hunters recommends using MyFax to get your resume noticed. Email applications often got overlooked - and they certainly all look the same when they are sitting in a cluttered inbox. Faxes generally get hand delivered to the hiring manager.
Here's 5 tips for using MyFax effectively in your job hunting:
- Use the fax cover page effectively. The cover page gets read - make sure it includes your best pitch.
- Be brief. Effective resumes use white space to draw attention to key points. This is especially critical when faxing your resume - lots of dense text looks unappealing.
- Be specific. Use the hiring manager's name and department. Remember that many fax machines are still shared, and unaddressed faxes only reach the recycling bin.
- Don't spam. By email and by fax, spam is bad. Focus your sales pitch.
- Follow up. Phone the day after you send the fax. Get voicemail? Draw attention to the fax.